HOW TO TREAT HYPOGLYCEMIA
Hypoglycemia, being probably the most unique of all diseases, requires a fairly original program of treatment.
It is unique because without much more than lifestyle changes hypoglycemia can be overcome but the rub is, its not easy to change a lifetime of Western style habits.
The habit of rushing through your processed food, topped off with a refined flour dessert and coffee is not that simple to give up – nor is snacking during the day. And then there is the question and fact of the big E (see below)
Five Basic Points Of Hypoglycemia Treatement
In a nutshell, the treatment of hypoglycemia can be reduced to five basic points:
- Eliminate all processed and refined foods, from your diet – these are the root cause of your high and low blood sugar levels.
- Stop rushing and eliminate stress – this sets off your insulin in the same way as refined foods.
- Increase the number of meals to 5 each day but reduce the quantity per meal.
- Increase fiber intake, also whole grains, nuts and vegetables.
- The big E. – Exercise. The fact is, there is no way around exercise. Draw up a plan of mild but regular exercise, even if it is only walking.
But before you can do all this, you will need a plan and structure as to how to do it. It should give you motivation once you understand why you need to change your lifestyle.
Unfortunately, doctors do not have the time to do this for “reasonably well” people, so you will have to do it for yourself.
A safe and easy way is to follow the road map given in various books available in your local library or you can start with “The Recipe to Conquering Hypoglycemia”
Lifestyle Changes Are Necessary
Such big changes will probably make you feel terrible at first. You can expect dizziness, nausea and perhaps depression. Only by persisting will you overcome and so beat hypoglycemia from developing into diabetes and stroke.
Why not take a positive attitude and stop making excuses in the hope that things will improve if you ignore your hypoglycemia symptoms. Rather make up your mind that you want to get better and